The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Parents can feel confident that careful procedures are in place to ensure that all staff and volunteers are suitable to work with children within the academy. The academy encourages parents and children to talk freely about any concerns or worries which may affect educational progress. It is important to us that parents and students see the academy as a safe place.
Children will be taken seriously if they seek help from a member of staff. Students may be referred for additional bespoke support from external agencies who work closely with the academy. The academy will endeavour to work in partnership with parents at all times to inform them of additional support required or accessed for their child. However, staff cannot guarantee to consult parents first, or to keep children's concerns confidential, if a referral must be made to agencies in order to safeguard the child's welfare.
If you have any concerns relating to any student in our academy please contact one of the following designated staff:
Kim Wainwright (DSP)
Kim Guiver (DDSP)
Or contact the Doncaster Safeguarding Children Board on 01302 734279. (http://www.dscb.co.uk/)
- Safeguarding Poster(351 KB)
- Guidance for Safer Working Practices(551 KB)
- Information Sharing Advice for Safeguarding Practitioners(268 KB)
- Keeping children safe in education(320 KB)
- Prevent duty departmental advice(225 KB)
- What to do if you're worried a child is being abused(322 KB)
- Working Together to Safeguard Children(1.60 MB)