Update from the Academy
Re: Christmas and New Year Update from the Academy
As we approach the latter part of the term, I wanted to take this opportunity to provide you with an update from the academy as follows:
We will be maintaining our normal curriculum arrangements up to Wednesday 15th December 2021. On our last day, Thursday 16th December, students will be participating in a Christmas service for students, unfortunately we are unable to attend St Luke’s this year and therefore the service will be held in the academy.
Thursday 16th December is also Christmas Jumper Day where students can wear a Christmas jumper with their usual academy blazer, shirt, tie and trousers or skirt. Students will be asked to donate £1.00 in support of the Christmas Star campaign for Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospital. Christmas dinner will also be served on this day. The academy will close at the usual time for students and will re-open again on a phased return due to Covid testing as below:
Year 11: Tuesday 4th January (allocated time as per email)
Year7: Tuesday 4th January (allocated time as per email)
Year10: Wednesday 5th January (allocated time as per email)
Year 8: Wednesday 5th January (allocated time as per email)
Year 9: Thursday 6th January (allocated time as per email)
This is subject to any further government announcements. Please note that if the academy is closed lessons will switch to Microsoft Teams.
I am very proud of the determination and resilience shown by both students and staff in delivering outstanding teaching and learning in many new and innovative ways. This has been possible because of the unswerving support of parents, carers and the wider school community and I am grateful that our school is part of such a positive and supportive community.
As all parents/carers are aware one of our methods to mitigate the risk of transmitting coronavirus in our classrooms is to ensure that these spaces have a good natural circulation of air. This involves ensuring the windows and doors of all our classrooms remain open at all times. Despite our heating system being on, this can mean that some classroom spaces become cooler throughout the day.
The wearing of coats indoors is not practical in the Academy for several reasons and the wearing of non-Academy hoodies and jumpers is not acceptable and is not part of our uniform policy. As such, outlined below are a number of suggestions pupils and parents/carers may wish to consider:
• Pupils wearing a plain white t shirt or base layer under their shirt. These must not have a visible logo that can be seen through the shirt nor must this garment have a hood.
• Wear an Academy jumper. They can be purchased from SPT Uniforms.
• Ensure pupils attend the Academy with a suitable coat. Whilst these cannot be worn indoors, pupils can wear them to and from the Academy and in outdoor areas.
We are really pleased to announce that through bake sales and a dodgeball competition we raised £527.65 for BBC Children in Need.
Our students also contributed to the Samaritans Purse Shoe Box appeal by donating items that will be sent to children across the world.
The Student Council are running a Charity Christmas Raffle to be drawn on Thursday 16th December to raise money for the star that the academy has sponsored that will be on the side of DRI. Tickets are available to purchase every day at break time in the atrium.
This half term we have launched Proud Thursday where each week students are encouraged to bring a piece of work that is of exceptional quality. We are pleased to inform you that this has been a huge success and it has been great to reward students with vouchers and certificates. Students also receive a Proud Thursday stamp in their planner, so you can track when they receive them. Students who regularly contribute to Proud Thursday will be further rewarded as it will contribute to an academy pledge. You can follow the weekly Proud Thursday successes on our Twitter feed @Delta_RASA.
Throughout this term our enrichment clubs have been accessed 916 times by 206 students. That’s over ¼ of the school! Our enrichment timetable for 2022 is below and includes new opportunities including cooking, history film club, dodgeball, KS3 dance, sports leaders.
|Monday||STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) Club||SC4||Y7/8|
|Maths Homework Club||ICT1||Y7-9|
|Wednesday||KS3 Dance Club||PE||Y7-9|
|Dungeons and Dragons Club||EN1||Y7-10|
|Thursday||PE Leadership Academy||PE||Y7-10|
|History Film Club||HU5||Y7-10|
|Friday||Book Club (both breaktimes)||Library||Y7-11|
|Every Day||Library 8:10-8:25am)||Library||Y7-11|
This term our students have been involved in a number of experiences out of the classroom including visits to:
- The DEEP
- Vulcan Bomber Project and Experience
- LIFE Skills trip
- Rossington Community Remembrance Service at Rossington Memorial
- Numerous Sporting Fixtures
We would like to encourage as many students as possible to take part in our enrichment activities in 2022.
A Christmas Carol
Students have been working hard rehearsing for tonight’s performance of ‘A Christmas Carol’. This is the first performance for a number of years and we’re really looking forward to it. A huge thank you to Mr Bowers and Miss Busby for their time and work in producing the performance.
All communication with parents is via the school gateway app. You can register for an account on the School Gateway website (www.schoolgateway.com) where you will be able to view the desk top version. Alternatively, you may wish to download the free smartphone app available on Apple and Android supported devices. All you need to register is the email address and mobile number we have on record for you. If you have problems activating your account or logging in, it may be because we don’t have your current email and mobile phone number on record. Please contact the academy so that we can check our records if you are unable to access the website or app.
Student reports for both KS3 and KS4 will be issued via school gateway at the end of January. The reports for Year 7, 8 and 9 will be based on the results of the assessments that students have been sitting recently.
As we head into the winter months, we always expect to remain open. In the event of severe weather conditions (snow) you will appreciate this isn’t always possible. Where this is the case we will communicate any school closures via the following lines of communication.
- School Gateway app. We will text parents using the app.
- Academy Website – all the latest news and events are held on our academy website (www.theallsaints.net) and we will ensure any closure is featured as soon as possible.
- Twitter – we have an active twitter account @RASAcademy where we will post news and updates from the academy to compliment the information already available.
Where no updates have been provided parents should assume that the academy is open.
Uniform & Equipment
Can I please request that parents/carers support us in ensuring students adhere to the uniform expectations below?
- Blazer – Academy blazer
- Trousers – Plain style, black tailored trousers
- Delta Skirt – pleated black knee length skirt
- Shirt – Plain style, white shirt buttoned to the neck
- Jumper – v-necked with embroidered crest (Optional – to be worn under blazer)
- Shoes – Plain style, black polishable shoes. No embellishments
- Socks – Plain style black. Tights – Plain style black
- Academy tie to be always worn
- Plain black belt, with standard buckle only
- Delta PE kit should be brought in on the appropriate days
- No Jewellery/earrings/Apple watch or equivalent
- No make-up/false eyelashes/false nails/nail polish
- Face coverings should be worn on entering and leaving the building, whilst moving around the academy and academy site and on public transport.
- Black pen/red pen/pencil/ruler/calculator in a pencil case
- Optional- coloured pencils
Moving forward to the end of a successful term, all that remains is for me to wish you a peaceful Christmas and a Happy New Year on behalf of everyone at the academy.