Dear Parent/ Carer,
Re: Update on reopening
It is with great pleasure that I am able to announce we will fully reopen from Monday 8th March and we can’t wait to welcome all students back in to the building. In order for us to do this safely we will be continuing with a number of adaptions to the academy which will impact on the ‘normal’ running of the academy day.
We are keen to provide as much information as possible, to help students, parents and carers plan for the weeks ahead. In addition to this letter we will be posting regular updates and information via the school gateway app, on our website (www.theallsaints.net) and twitter page (@Delta_RASA). You can register for an account on the school gateway website www.schoolgateway.com where you will be able to view the desktop version. Alternatively, you may wish to download the free smartphone app - available on Apple and Android supported devices. Just search for and install “schoolgateway” from your app store. All you need to register is the e-mail address and mobile number that we have on record for you.
Arrangements for Week Beginning 8th March
In order for us to carry out asymptomatic testing of students the return will need to be phased during the first week to manage the number of students passing through our test site at any one time. The schedule is as follows:
- Monday 8th March Year 11 and 10 only
- Tuesday 9th March Year 7 and 9 return
- Wednesday 10th March Year 8 return
- Thursday 11th Normal day for all students with staggered start times (see below)
- Friday 12th Normal day for all students with staggered start times (see below)
All students will be given set times to arrive at the academy on their first day back which will be communicated through Microsoft Teams. Students will be asked to arrive on or as near as possible to their start time and go straight to the CSV/PE Block. Students should not arrive early to the academy.
Please ensure you have completed the parental consent for testing on the following link if you haven't already done so:
Academy adaptions include:
- Face coverings should be worn in classrooms by students and when moving around the academy, outside of classrooms, such as in corridors and communal areas. Face coverings do not need to be worn by students when outdoors. (we have purchased two new face coverings for every student to support this)
- Year groups will remain in their own ‘bubbles’ and will not be allowed to mix with other year groups in the academy. Students will also be encouraged to keep their distance within groups and limit interaction, sharing of rooms and social spaces between groups as much as possible.
- Year groups will have their own ‘zones’ within the academy and the vast majority of their lessons (except for specialist teaching such as PE, Technology, Music, Computing and Art) will be taught in their zones. Teaching staff will come to the students as opposed to the students moving.
- Students will follow a curriculum and lesson structure which is as close as possible to that which they are familiar with. Minor adjustments may need to be made to allow for our new working arrangements and to ensure all students are safe.
- Any specialist rooms used will have a thorough clean if they are being used by different year groups.
- Students will need to bring their own bag which must include their planner, knowledge organiser and all equipment including a pen, red pen, pencil and ruler.
- All students will be expected to wear full academy uniform including full academy PE kit. For further clarification on this please refer to the uniform section on our website.
- There will be no canteen open before school, students will be asked to arrive on or as near as possible to their start time and go straight to their lessons. A breakfast club provision will be available in “zones” at the start of Period 1. Students should not arrive early to the academy.
- The government has recommended that all schools continue to adjust their start and finish times to reduce potential overlap between year groups, therefore the start and finish times for each year group will continue as the following for all students from Monday 15th March:
Year 11 8:20 – 2:20
Year 10 8:20 – 2:20
Year 9 8:40 – 2:40
Year 8 8:40 – 2:40
Year 7 8:30 – 2:30
These times will be reviewed regularly and adjusted if needed. We will consult with parents / carers if there are any changes moving forward.
There has been a considerable amount of work completed by the academy so we can open for all students safely, therefore I would appreciate it if all parents can continue to support the academy to ensure all students are safe, equipped and ready to learn.
I am very proud of the determination and resilience shown by both pupils/students and staff in delivering outstanding teaching and learning in many new and innovative ways. This has been possible because of the unswerving support of parents, carers and the wider school community and I am grateful that our school is part of such a positive and supportive community.
We are all looking forward to getting back to as close to ‘normal’ as we can be in March and doing what we do best, face to face teaching.