Our CEIAG & Provider Access Policy gives an overview of the programme for each year group. A more detailed programme can be found below.
Our planned programmes support students and ensure they receive the relevant careers education, information, advice and guidance that is suitable for their age and ability by implementation of the 8 Gatsby Career Benchmarks, written by Sir John Holman, a former Headteacher and founder of the National STEM Learning Centre.
Sir John wrote the Good Career Guidance Report after carrying out extensive research.
The fast-changing world of work puts an ever-greater demand on all of us to support students in making a successful transition from education to employment, helping them to identify and choose career opportunities that are right for them.
The government’s new careers strategy set out a plan for building a high-quality careers system that will help young people to achieve. The Gatsby Benchmarks are a key measure of the effectiveness of career guidance and provision – Delta Academies Trust is committed to achieving all eight benchmarks;
- gatsby_benchmark_2.pdf (careersandenterprise.co.uk)
- gatsby_benchmark_3.pdf (careersandenterprise.co.uk)
- gatsby_benchmark_4.pdf (careersandenterprise.co.uk)
- gatsby_benchmark_5.pdf (careersandenterprise.co.uk)
- gatsby_benchmark_6.pdf (careersandenterprise.co.uk)
- gatsby_benchmark_7.pdf (careersandenterprise.co.uk)
- gatsby_benchmark_8.pdf (careersandenterprise.co.uk)
For an overview of how we and our CEIAG partners embed the 8 benchmarks into our Careers Programme, please see the attached documents below.