The curriculum at Rossington All Saints Academy
The aim at Rossington All Saints Academy is to provide a curriculum which stimulates and motivates students irrespective of their background. Our intention is to ensure pupils make outstanding progress and that the curriculum removes any potential barriers to learning. We set high expectations to ensure that every pupil excels across all aspects of academy life.
We want our pupils to leave with knowledge and skills which will not only create excellent life opportunities but will also prepare them exceptionally well for life beyond the academy.
To achieve this, we have 4 key values – Community, Aspiration, Resilience and Excellence which underpins our whole school curriculum vision.
All departments within the academy have developed their schemes of learning to reflect these four values, to ensure a consistent approach to curriculum development. Furthermore, there is a collaborative approach across departments with the intent to ensure that sequencing and cross-curricular links are embedded effectively across all subject areas.
• At Rossington All Saints we nurture a sense of pride in the community. Students are encouraged to take pride in their conduct and readiness for learning.
• Treat everyone with respect.
• Work creatively with others. Celebrate differences.
• Contribute to the sustainability of the academy.
• Rossington All Saints Academy is a school of aspiration where students experience life in all its fullness.
• Always be the best you can be.
• Have goals and take determined action to reach them.
• Organise and manage your time based on reaching your life goals.
• At Rossington All Saints Academy we acknowledge that the right way forward is sometimes the harder road.
• Sleep, eat and exercise well. Keep learning everyday.
• Don’t blame others, don’t make excuses. Change happens inside out. Get out of your comfort zone every day.
• Always look for positive solutions.
• Rossington All Saints Academy is about changing lives and aspiration, students are encouraged to understand the world in which they live, in pursuit of learning.
• Develop as an empathetic listener and excellent communicator.
• Have high expectations of yourself and others.
Each student will participate in a programme of learning which they will enjoy and that will provide them with the skills and experiences they need to progress into education, training or employment. The academy learning programme will begin for students well before they join in year seven as our staff will work closely with our partner primary schools.